A chipotle laced mayonnaise brings the heat to this killer chicken sandwich.
TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN / SERVES 6
Nutrition (per serving): 720 calories, 42 g protein, 16 g carbohydrates, 7 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 57 g fat, 15 g saturated fat, 1040 mg sodium
- FOR THE BUNS
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 3 cups almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- FOR THE CHICKEN SANDWICH
- 4 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1/2 avocado, halved, pitted, and sliced
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 4000 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large microwave—safe bowl, melt together mozzarella and cream cheese. Add eggs and stir to combine then add almond flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Form dough into 6 balls and flatten slightly, then place on prepared baking sheet. Brush with butter.
- Bake until golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and paprika. In a large skillet over medium—high heat, heat oil. Cook chicken until golden on both sides, 8 minutes per side.
- In a small bowl, mix mayo and chipotle chiles until combined.
- To assemble the sandwiches, thinly slice chicken. Halve buns and spread chipotle mayonnaise on each side. Top with chicken slices, avocado, and blue cheese. Top with bun half and serve.