You don’t have to eat these plain: Toasted unsweetened coconut, a drizzle of melted peanut butter, a handful berries, or some crumbled bacon are all keto friendly toppings.
TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN / SERVES 5
Nutrition (per serving): 110 calories, 4 g protein, 2 g carbohydrates, 1 g fiber, 1 g sugar, 10 g fat, 3.5 g saturated fat, 75 mg sodium
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest Butter, for frying and serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond flour, cream cheese, eggs, and lemon zest until smooth.
- In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Pour in about 3 tablespoons batter and cook until golden, 2 minutes. Flip and cook 2 minutes more. Transfer to a plate and continue with the rest of the batter.
- Serve topped with butter.