Paleo Diet consists of only whole and unprocessed foods. This is the diet of our ancestral humans. Thousands of years ago when people lived in the forests and caves they didn’t have the facilities of the modern world. So they only ate whole foods that they hunted for themselves.
The supporters of the Paleo Diet are against modern diet and processed foods.In their opinion, our ancestors were less prone to health-related issues that are common in our modern society like obesity, hypertension, diabetes and other heart-related problems.And that is because of the diet they followed and the life they led.
Paleo Diet is not just about eating whole foods, it also advocates leading an active lifestyle. So not just change your eating habits but also start exercising.
Studies suggest that people have lost a significant amount of weight by just following a Paleo Diet. Most of them weren’t even counting their calorie intake.
Things that you’ll eat when you’re on a Paleo Diet. Some of our ancestors ate a diet that consisted of animal foods while others ate a plant-based diet. We can’t follow everyone so you could eat anything that our ancestors hunted or gathered for themselves. Some of which includes:
- Meat: Chicken, Lamb, Beef, etc.
- Different types of fish or seafood: Salmon, trout, etc. Eat wild-caught fish if possible.
- Fruits and vegetables: Apples, bananas, carrots, oranges, onions, and tomatoes, etc.
- Whole nuts: Almonds, walnuts, cashew nuts, etc.
- Healthy fats and oils: Almond oil, coconut oil, and olive oil, etc. You could eat any unprocessed oil that comes from fruit or nuts.
- Natural salts and spices
Try to eat grass-fed, unprocessed and organic products if you can afford it.
Things you can’t eat when you’re on a Paleo Diet.
- Refined sugars
- Artificial sweeteners
- Dairy products especially low-fat dairy products
- Grains like wheat, barley, and many others
- Fizzy drinks
- All low-fat foods
- Trans fats and some vegetable oils like sunflower, corn, soybean, and others
- Legumes like beans, peas, chickpeas, lentils, soybeans, peanuts, and tamarind
In short, factory-made products aren’t for those that are on a Paleo Diet. We understand that sometimes you can’t completely avoid processed foods.
Teas and coffees: Although tea and coffee aren’t a part of the Paleo Diet, people tend to drink them anyway. We would recommend our readers to drink green tea.
Please do keep in mind that the Paleo Diet isn’t for everyone. So it would be good to check with your doctor before you begin. Pregnant women, children, and people with chronic conditions shouldn’t follow Paleo Diet plans without consulting their doctors for More Details Check Paleo Diet Tips