You can also makes these with salty Halloumi cut into thin slices.
TOTAL TIME: 40 MIN / SERVES 4
Nutrition (per serving): 340 calories, 23 g protein, 6 carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 28 g fat, 9 g saturated fat, 550 mg sodium
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 6 (I—ounce) sticks mozzarella string cheese
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives or scallions
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, and water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Line a plate with parchment paper. In a shallow dish, mix almond flour and Parmesan until combined. Coat string cheese first in almond flour mixture, then egg, then the almond flour mixture again. Place on prepared plate. Repeat to coat all string cheese sticks. Freeze mozzarella sticks for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine yogurt, vinegar, garlic powder, dill, and chives. Refrigerate until needed.
- In a medium skillet over medium—high heat, heat oil. In batches, cook breaded cheese until golden on each side, about 2 minutes per side.
- Serve mozzarella sticks with yogurt sauce for dipping.