When the “chips” are just made of cheddar and Parm, you can eat as many as you want, right?
TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN/ SERVES 4
Nutrition (per serving): 410 calories, 21 g protein, 9 g carbohydrates, 3 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 32 g fat, 17 g saturated fat, 680 mg sodium
- FOR THE CHEESE CHIPS
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- FOR THE NACHOS
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, and diced
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeöo, thinly sliced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 4000 and line a rimmed half sheet pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl, mix cheeses, chili powder, and paprika until combined. Spread mixture onto sheet pan in an even layer.
- Bake until cheese is browned and crispy to the touch, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cheese cool slightly.
- use kitchen shears to cut cheese into strips then cut each strip into a triangle or square. Return cheese chips to sheet pan and bake for 2 to 3 minutes more, until crispier. Let chips cool 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with a fork. Stir in lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Spread cheese chips onto a platter. Dollop with guacamole and sour cream. Top with the olives, tomatoes, green onions, and (optional) jalapeno before serving.