Want the perfect low carb pie crust that isn’t made with almond flour? Give this pie crust made with coconut flour a try for both sweet and savory pies.
NUTRITION Serving: 1slice | Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 213mg | Potassium: 15mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 8.3% | Calcium: 1% | Iron: 2.7%
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup low carb sweetener (or Sukrin:1) leave out for savory
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coconut flour sifted (about 77g)
- Place butter in a microwavable bowl. Microwave until melted.
- Add eggs, sweetener, and salt. Mix well.
- Stir in sifted coconut flour until dough forms.
- Knead dough for about a minute and then form into a ball. If too sticky, knead in a little more coconut flour.
- Roll out dough between wax paper to about 1/8 inch thick.
- Turn rolled out dough into a 9 inch pie pan.
- Prick bottom and sides of crust with a fork. Use a pie crust shield to prevent burning the edges.
- Bake crust at 400°F for 10 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.