Eating a lot of saturated fat during the adaptation phase of the ketogenic diet will result in a slower rate weight loss, as your body is trying to get rid of it’s own fat. Also do not forget that the meat of feedlot raised animals contains high levels of Omega 6’s, which raise inflammation in the body.
Wild caught salmon is a good healthy fat alternative, so are organic avocados. Of course if you can find pastured beef and pork, that is a good option too, really worth investing the extra dollar.
Here is a simple but yummy recipe for you, with an even simpler variation.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 525 Fat: 48 gr Saturated fat: 10 gr Carbohydrates: 4 gr Sodium: 439 mg Protein: 19 gr
- 1 ripe organic avocado (about 100 grams or 2.5 oz)
- 60 grams (2 oz) of wild caught smoked salmon
- 30 grams (1 oz) of fresh, soft goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons of organic extra virgin olive oil
- the juice of 1 lemon
- a pinch of celtic sea salt
- Cut the avocado in two and remove the seed
- In a small food processor mix the rest of the ingredients until coarsely chopped.
- Place the resulting cream inside the avocado.
- Serve immediately.
- Cut the avocado in small cubes.
- Cut the salmon in small pieces.
- Mix the two together.
- Add the goat cheese and the rest of the ingredients and blend well.